There’s only one thing we wish for when we are injured or ill. This year, we have chosen to give all a person could wish for. Together with Doctors Without Borders we save lives and alleviate suffering where it’s needed the most.
No matter who, no matter where, no matter why
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a medical, humanitarian organisation that saves lives and alleviates suffering where we are needed the most.
MSF assist people who have been affected by crises, war or natural disasters,
regardless of political affiliation, religion or ethnicity.
The organization has more than 67 000 staff, the majority of whom are hired locally
in the countries of intervention. MSF annually runs around 450 projects in more than 70 countries around the world.
In 1999 MSF received the Nobel Peace Prize.
During 2020 this is some of the projects that has been supported by MSF;
1. Reduced price on tuberculosis medicine
2. The Ebola outbreak is over in Congo Kinshasa
3. Vaccination campaign against measles in the Central African Republic
4. Lifesaving innovations such as solar-powered oxygen concentrator, digital treatment support for tuberculosis patients and local manufacturing of protective equipment.
5. In Kenya, MSF contributed to reduce the presence of HIV
6. Our team saved one of Yemen’s youngest patients
7. Cheaper vaccine against pneumonia
8. Build a field hospital for Covid-19 patients in South Africa
9. MSF runs a trauma hospital in Burundi
10. MSF teams are responding in more than 70 countries to work with Covid-19.